Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Nicki Minaj Tour Manager Stabbed To Death While Another Member Of Her Team Is In Critical Condition

Bar fight involving rap superstar Nicki Minaj's team members, spread onto a Philly street leaving one dead and another in a critical condition in the hospital.

The argument began around 2 a.m. Wednesday inside Che Bar & Grill along Stenton Avenue in Philadelphia’s West Oak Lane neighborhood.

“We believe that both of the victims, as well as the perpetrator, were all inside of this bar and that’s when an argument started,” said Chief Inspector Scott Small.

The argument spread outside the bar where one of the men, believed to be around 30 years old, pulled out a knife.

Rapper Nicki Minaj later tweeted that she knew the victims were in Philly to rehearse for her upcoming tour:

A 29-year-old stabbing victim died. A 27-year-old suffered multiple stab wounds to his side that left him in critical condition.

“We believe he is going to survive his injuries,” said Chief Inspector Small.

Minaj Instagramed a photo of the victims identifying one as "Eric." And captioned the photo:

#Rp @myfabolouslife - these guys flew into Philly for my tour rehearsals 2 days ago and were both stabbed last night. #RIPDAYDAY condolences to your family. Unbelievable. Eric (on the right) is recovering. Another senseless act of violence that took the life of a great guy. So sad.

Police didn't identify the victims, nor confirm that they were in town working for Minaj.

Minaj's "The Pinkprint Tour" is set to begin next month in Europe.

Employees at nearby Einstein Medical Center called 911 around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday after the two victims arrived in the emergency room.

Police later returned to the 6300 block of Stenton Avenue where they found personal items, a cellphone and blood on the sidewalk outside the bar. 

A Philadelphia Police crime camera and business surveillance cameras possibly captured at least part of the incident, said investigators.

Police said the suspect was last seen driving off in a gray Buick LeSabre.

Earlier, witnesses told investigators that the dispute possibly had to do with a recently fired employee. 

The Chief Inspector said that police were working to verify if that was actually the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment